Are you obsessed with making pixel-perfect mocks? Want to work for a company where your designs will be seen by millions of users? If you answered YES to the above, we want to hear from you!
Our company, Matador Network, is a leading travel media company and lifestyle brand — and we’re hiring a UX/UI designer to join our development and design team. Beyond our passion for travel, Matador values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is actively working to spread these values through the travel industry. We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce to elevate and empower a wide array of viewpoints; candidates for this position should fully embrace this mission. You can read more in our statement in support of the Black Travel Alliance.
Things you will be ROCKING:
– Delivering pixel-perfect mocks
– Providing designs for the full lifecycle of a project from ideation to wireframes to final mocks
– Create quick ideation from the visual standpoint and not just structurally at first
– Taking ownership of projects and constantly thinking of how to make them better
– Having open communication with our development team to make sure designs match reality
You’re really good at:
– Multitasking and consistently meeting deadlines
– Experience working with developers and conducting QA
– Punctual communication (email, messaging, etc.)
– 2-3 years minimum experience working within a startup or agency
– Cross-platform design experience (Web, Android, iOS, emails)
– Knowledge of conversion optimization
– Proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as XD, Figma, Sketch, etc.
– Strong branding skills/marketing design skills
– Highly motivated, dedicated, comfortable with change and ambiguity
– Humble, team-player attitude and are ready to pitch in wherever you are needed most
Nuts and bolts:
– Full-time independent contractor with monthly compensation
– Remote position (i.e., working from your home office). This is a permanent feature of the job, regardless of the course of the COVID-19 pandemic.
– Ideally based in Vancouver and able to meet face-to-face (after the pandemic) once a week for team work sessions. Working hours: approximately 9 AM to 5:30 PM.