Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to more than 300,000 event professionals and hoteliers around the world. The economic significance of our industry is undeniable: Meetings and events boost the global GDP by more than $1.5 trillion and impact nearly 26 million jobs; and for more than 20 years, Cvent has led the transformation of our industry with our market-leading technology.
Product Designer 1
Product Designers live at the crossroads of empathy and technology. They embrace their users’ points of view to define meaningful problems. researchers, business analysts, writers, visual designers, developers, and countless other stakeholders. They develop thoughtful solutions, taking business needs, technological capabilities, and user feedback into account.
At Cvent, that philosophy translates into creating the best experience for anyone who plans and attends meetings and events. As a part of our Product Design team, you’ll design new products and improve existing ones. You’ll map workflows, create wireframes, produce prototypes, and participate in user research. You’ll use the latest design tools, but also develop ideas on paper and whiteboards. You’ll work alone and collaborate with a team. You’ll take ownership for your product area, validating your ideas and presenting to senior designers and stakeholders for feedback.
We’re looking for talented and passionate designers to help shape the future of the event industry. We want to see your work, how you think through problems, and what design principles guide your process. When applying, please provide a link to your online portfolio or send it as a PDF. Candidates who do not submit a portfolio will not be considered.
- Understand the complex problems our customers face, and how Cvent’s products work to solve them
- Empathize with and extend our target audience understanding, and envision efficient and enjoyable end-to-end processes
- Collaborate with user researchers, product managers, developers, and other stakeholders to drive the experience of our applications
- Form theories and recommendations based on usage data and product analytics
- Design intuitive, modern, accessible products that are consistent with platform-level standards
- Create high-quality workflows, information hierarchies, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and other deliverables
- Participate in (and learn to lead) design collaboration sessions
- Write and maintain a UX brief outlining the goals of each project
- Design with a platform mindset, understanding the relationships between each of Cvent’s products
- Produce multiple design solutions as you work toward a final design
- Articulate your thinking as you present your work to senior designers and other stakeholders
- Gather feedback and iterate on your designs as needed
- Write functional annotations, and work with engineers in an Agile environment to ensure designs are implemented as intended
Skills & Requirements
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or a similar related field and has a passion for product design
- Experience in design with a focus on software applications
- A portfolio that demonstrates exceptional design skills and design thinking
- Expertise in professional design and prototyping tools
- Understanding of the capabilities of HTML, CSS, and JS
- The ability and desire to apply their creativity to a variety of projects
- Sharp critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Good visual design capacity and/or understanding
- Practitioner of user-centered design principles
- Confidence to take criticism productively and defend your designs when necessary
- Ability to see the big picture, but also pay attention to the details
- A passion for improving people’s lives through design and technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, UX Design, Product Design, or a related field